`RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 Update is out but currently, I recommend against updating if you use a lot of my plugins and/or have big projects being made. For the time being at least (until I get everything working with the new version, which may take some time). If you’ve already updated to 1.6.0, fear not, you can still revert to 1.5.1.
As far as I can tell, 1.6.0 changes a lot things, for better or for worse. File directory structures have changed and whatnot. Performance has been enhanced, but at the cost of quite a few plugins working.
Hold on tight.
The following are changes made in this update from the previous update (RPG Maker MV version 1.5.1).
- Utils.isOptionValid function update
- Graphics._cssFontLoading boolean update
- Graphics._updateRealScale function update to improve scaling
- SceneManager.onKeyDown function updated for F12 button to not take browsers to a new URL window (assuming browser mode)
- BattleManager.updateEvent updated for its abort check from 2 to 1 of which…
- BattleManager.checkAbort2 has been removed and has now became BattleManager.checkAbort
- Game_Interpreter.prototype.command113 (break loop event) is now updated to support multiple depths
- Scene_Item.prototype.update function added. Its purpose? To break all the plugins that add new stuff the item scene.
- Spriteset_Battle.prototype.overworldBattleback1Name and Spriteset_Battle.prototype.overworldBattleback2Name function updated to return an empty string if its battleback is an empty string.
- No changes made