The RPG Maker MV 1.5.2 “update” is out. I say “update” because it’s mostly to reverse some of the negative changes from 1.6.0 (namely with the editor) but still has the bug fixes of 1.6.0. You can find out more about it in the link above.
From what I can tell, this is a safe update to change to. A desktop optimization update will be made in the future for those who use it. Hold on tight.
Here’s a changelog of all that’s happened. The changes will be a comparison difference between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 instead of 1.6.0 and 1.5.2.
- Graphics.initialize starts with _videoUnlocked with a false boolean.
- Graphics._setupEventHandlers added keydown and mousedown Event Listeners
- WebAudio._setupEventHandlers function updated to have keydown, mousedown, touchend listeners resume function.
- BattleManager.updateEvent now returns checkAbort instead of checkAbort2
- BattleManager.checkAbort2 removed and became BattleManager.checkAbort
- Game_Interpreter.prototype.command113 (break loop) event fixed
- No changes (good, since it doesn’t have the Scene_Item active window breaker)
- Spriteset_Battle.prototype.overworldBattleback1Name and Spriteset_Battle.prototype.overworldBattleback2Name functions updated to return no backdrop if an empty string is determined
- No changes detected.
And that’s all, folks!